Thursday, July 1, 2010

travelling - It's the journey, not simply the arriving and it's the people you meet.

'It's the people you meet' - Forward & Acknowledgements ( I know some of these should be at the back but they're so important I'm putting them at the front!)

Okay so I know this isn't officially a book and it's not being officially published but there are some people I want to mention that may be reading this that are a vital part of this trip! Firstly I'd like to thank Adam, without your love and understanding of my need to do this trip it wouldn't be possible. As every person I've met on this trip has said 'wow, you're fiancee must be a really amazing guy to let you do this' - yes he is, so thank you Adam from the bottom of my heart for your love, support, understanding of who I am and patience, it's more than anyone could ever ask for and I am truly grateful to you and honoured and proud to be your wife to be!

Secondly and not of any less importance thank you to my parents for the dream birthday present of my ticket and all the love and support you have given me throughout the year. Also ,thank you for coming to visit and making some great memories along the way. Not forgetting a special thank you to Dad for introducing us to some of the old time favourites of country and western!!To Mum for being the most faithful blog fan!Thank you for your time and energy in patiently reading and printing it as we go along.(Sorry about the dodgy typos and bits that don't read well!)

Thank you to Christopher, Leah, Adam Beag and all my friends for keeping in touch. I have missed you much and your emails, FB messages and Skype calls meant more than you probably know.

A huge thank you to all the people we've met along the way who've given us lodging,love and friendship when home seemed like so far away. A special mention to Heather and Hunter in Boston, Frank in San Fran, the Spencer family in Canberra, Coops in Swansea, the Homans in Sydney, Kelly, Jarrod, Damo and the beautiful girls in New Zealand and all the friends and family of these people who also helped in some way along the trip!

I have learnt over the years of travelling that it is the journey and not the arriving that is important. That remains true for this trip , but something we've learnt more than anything on this trip is that what makes a trip is the people you meet along the way. I could fill twenty pages with names of amazing people we have met, some for a mere twenty four hours and some who will remain friends forever. Thank you to all of you for being part of our lives and this adventure.

And last, but certainly not least (saving the best for last!) thank you to Jo. JEvans Junior / Joker without you this trip would not be the same, not even same same , but different! Thank you for your friendship,love,hugs, support,patience,dancing, tears and laughter, but most of all thank you for a year of Extreme Fun and adventure!! I have watched you grow over the year into a strong and independent woman, you have battled with and conquered so many fears and you have achieved things I think you never thought you would. Cuzzy Bro - you're the best!!All that remains to be said is... thank you for the memories!!!! xo


Remember :Travel with a smile , some common sense and a respect for others and their cultures and you will find the world a very welcoming place.For everything else there's Mastercard ( or should I say Perfectcard!!)

'A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference' Pooh Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment